Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as cookies;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and other usage details;
- About your business or other corporate entity.
Information You Provide Us Directly
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of contacting us via the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, interaction data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash Cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifts) that permit the Metaprise, for example, to counter users who have visited those pages and for other related website and application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website and application content and verifying system and server integrity.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To administer and improve our Site, including by monitoring and analyzing our Site traffic and usage patterns.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provided:
- Upon your instruction, to businesses and individuals you wish to connect with;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Metaprise’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Metaprise about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Such third parties have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Metaprise, our customers, partners, or others.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information.
How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and Site monitoring. We also limit access to any Personal Information we receive to members of Metaprise or trusted third parties service providers who need access to that information in order to do their jobs. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to our Site thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Third Party Site and Social Media Features
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites and applications use. By accessing other third party websites and applications or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites and applications. It is possible that other parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Site.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information. If you are aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the Company’s sharing of Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, our Site does not currently respond to such signal.
Review and Correction of Your Information