Effective Date: November 21, 2018
- On the Site.
- In emails, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- When you register and open an account with Us through the Site.
- Through mobile and desktop applications (“app”) you may download from the Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site.
- Other services offered on the Site.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. The information We collect on or through our Site and app may include:
- Personal information (information by itself or in combination that identifies or can identify an individual, such as name, physical address, email address and phone number).
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes certain personal information provided at the time of opening an account to subscribe to our service made available through the Site and/or app. Please note that you must be 18 years old to open an account and subscribe to a service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including your email address), if you contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of any order you may place with Us. We use a third-party payment processor when you purchase a subscription or other product or service We provide. Financial information you provide to the payment processor is subject to that third party’s terms and policies. We do not have access to this information at any time.
- Except as described below, We do not collect sensitive or special categories of personal information, such as a Social Security Number, a tax ID number, bank account number or other personal financial information.
Your Account. When you subscribe to a service, you will be asked to establish unique log-in information, including a log-in ID and password. (Please do not share this log-in information with anyone.) You also can create and update forms, upload documents or other information (“Customer Content”) to your account and choose to make this information available to other subscribers at their request. You retain ownership of such “Customer Content” under our Terms of Service/User Agreement, and We do not share this information with anyone. We caution you not to upload anything that may include sensitive or special categories of personal information, such as personal financial information. If you grant access to your account to other subscribers, they may be able to view this information.
Public Profile. Additionally, We may offer you the ability to create a public profile, allowing any subscriber to view your public profile, whether you have granted them permission of not. To be clear, your account information as explained above will not be viewable to these subscribers.
Information We Automatically Collect About You. We automatically collect certain information when you visit most pages on the Site. Your visit may provide Us with data about your computer, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, and any referring web site addresses.
The Site also uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One the primary purposes of cookies is to provide convenience features to save users time on websites. For example, a “functional” cookie tells the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
In addition, “performance” cookies, for example, are used to compile aggregate and statistical data about site traffic and site interaction so that We can offer better website experiences and tools in the future. Typically, “performance” cookies need not access personal information for their operations. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist Us in better understanding our Website visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help Us conduct and improve our business.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and app and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, such as expiration and renewal notices or transactional messages.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To protect our legitimate business interests.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your personal information, such as an email address you provided, to send you offers or promotions about other goods and services from Us that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Us to use your personal information in this way, you can opt out at any time and at no cost. You can opt out by emailing Us at email@example.com. You can also check the relevant box located on the subscriber signup form on which We initially collect your personal information or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our email. Be advised that you cannot opt out of transactional emails, such as those regarding your account status, billing or the services you have requested. We do not provide any personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We reserve the right to disclose aggregated or anonymous information (i.e., information that does not identify you) about our users and subscribers without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide your personal information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Metaprise’s assets, including the lists of our users and subscribers.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide your personal information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Metaprise, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION / OPT-OUT
We retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you the requested services or information. You can review and change your personal information at any time by logging into your subscriber account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send Us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Us. Be advised, however, that We cannot delete your personal information without also deleting your subscriber account. We reserve the right not to accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Again, you can opt-out of, at any time and at no cost, receiving marketing or promotional emails from Us by emailing Us at email@example.com or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of these emails. We will process and honor such requests within a reasonable period of time after receipt.
We have implemented appropriate security measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using current SSL technology and are managed by a third-party payment processor.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or mobile app or to subscribe to our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Be advised that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site, on our app, etc. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site and associated services.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site may contain links to other web sites and services. We do not control such third-party web sites and services and are not responsible for their actions or privacy practices. The existence of a link on our web site does not mean that We endorse or have vetted such third-party web site or service. You are encouraged to carefully review the policies and practices of every web site and service that you visit or use.
LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), Metaprise advises that your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which has data protection laws that are different than those in your country and may not be as protective. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is to do so with your consent, where We need the personal information for performance of a contract or requested service, or where the collection and use is in our or another’s legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, We may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question. If We collected your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Residents of the EEA have the right to:
- Access your personal information;
- Delete, or request deletion of, your personal information;
- Object to or restrict processing of your personal information;
- Request portability of your personal information;
- Complain to your local data protection authority at any time;
- Object to automated decision making; and
- Update your personal information.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing We conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If We ask you to provide personal information to Us to comply with a legal requirement or enter into a contract, We will inform you of this and let you know whether providing Us with your personal information is required and if not, the consequences of not sharing your personal information with Us.
Similarly, if Metaprise collects and uses your personal information in reliance on our or a third party’s legitimate interests and those interests are not already described above, We will let you know what those legitimate interests are.
To withdraw consent or exercise these rights, please:
- Contact Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Adjust your preferences through the account preferences (if available).
We currently do not honor browser-based Do-Not-Track signals.
The Site, app and services are intended to be accessed and used by persons at least 18 years or older. Metaprise does not collect or maintain information on the Site or services from persons We know to be under age 13, and no part of our Site is designed to attract anyone under age 13. Please do not communicate with or contact Us if you are under age 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided Metaprise with their personal information, We ask that their parent or guardian contact Us as provided below to inform Us of that fact. We will use reasonable efforts to delete such information from our systems and servers.
COMMENT AND QUESTIONS
39 John Dave’s Lane
Huntington, NY 11743